RIGHT TO BE INFORMED
As a data subject, you have the right to be informed whether your personal data shall be, are being, or have been processed, including the existence of automated decision-making and profiling.
You shall be notified and furnished with the information indicated below before your personal data is processed, or at the next practical opportunity:
- Description of the personal data to be entered into the system;
- Purposes for which they are being or will be processed, including processing for direct marketing, profiling, or historical, statistical, or scientific purposes;
- Basis of processing, when processing is not based on the consent of the data subject;
- Scope and method of the personal data processing;
- The recipients or classes of recipients to whom the personal data are or may be disclosed;
- Methods utilized for automated access, if the same is allowed by the data subject, and the extent to which such access is authorized, including meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and the envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject;
- The identity and contact details of the personal information controller and its representative;
- The period for which the information will be stored or retained; and
- The existence of their rights as data subjects
How do I get this information?
You may get this information by checking the PIC’s or PIP’s privacy notice. A privacy notice is a unilateral statement that contains essential information on a specific processing activity of a PIC that involves the data subject.
In instances where processing is based on consent, this information should be contained in a consent form.